What is Math?
Math is used in order to preserver in problem solving. Math involves many different techniques and ideas that there is not just one right way to solve a problem. Math involves overlaps with science curriculum and social studies. Math also involves language arts because you must be able to communicate within the mathematics curriculum. Math involves logical reasoning and critical thinking. Math involves numbers, graphs, patterns, shapes, and much more.
Top 5 Milestones in Mathematics:
1. Pythagorean Theorem - This equation has been drilled into my head for as long as I can remember it is a very useful equation for right triangles.
2. Euclid's Fifth Postulate - This is a highly controversial thing that I learned about in my Euclidean Geometry class in college. This idea that Euclidean geometry and neutral geometry are intertwined and share common properties is an important milestone for math.
3. Quadratic Equation - This equation has been something that I memorized an was always able to use it seems like a very important tool for algebra.
4. Trig Equations - These equations could always be used within trig and could be manipulated in order to solve a given problem.
5. Pi - It seems like this number is a very important idea within mathematics because it is used in many different topics of mathematics.